This ride is all inclusive.
Sunday Feb 10th, 2019 – Pedals up at 8am
Gather all, friends and family, to ride together in a safe environment, suitable for all levels of cyclists from beginners that only want to STROLL A FEW MILES to those who want to RACE TO THE FINISH. THEN WE EAT!!!
FROM: Everglades National Park Entrance, 40001 State Road 9336
Homestead, FL 33034-6733 (START LINE)
TO: Flamingo Visitor Center
- The Flamingo Visitor Center lies roughly 40 miles south of the Park Main Entrance.
- Cycle through this unique and beautiful eco system and maybe see some of the wildlife that inhabit it.
PARKING AND SIGN IN: Parking for this event is a quarter mile before the entrance to the gate. You’ll see the sign. Wheel Heroes truck will be there for you so if you’d like to bring a bag with supplies or change of clothes, just throw it in the back of the truck and we’ll deliver it to Flamingo. (Please do not park in the Ernest Coe Visitor Center)
Come for the RIDE.
- GET OUT and away from the city hustle.
- This ride is enclosed in the Everglades National Park.
- Ride at your own pace and for your own distance.
- Perfect for all level cyclists.
- NO DIRECTIONS NEEDED! It’s one road.
- NO STOP LIGHTS!
- NO INTERSECTIONS!
- NO POLICE!
- NO SPEED LIMITS!
- NO GETTING LOST!
- Rest stops every 15. (Aprox)
- SAG constantly circling, can pick you up wherever you are.
- HELMETS REQUIRED
- NO EXTERNAL SPEAKERS ALLOWED
- Arrive at Flamingo and turn your bike in to Valet.
Come for the food. We’re doing it Latin style.
- We’re doing is Latin style. Miami’s famous Isla Del Encanto will be providing the best in Latin flavors from the Enchanted Island of Puerto Rico. From Lechon Asado (Slow cooked Roast Pork) to Pastelon (Layered Lasagna-Style Latin dish) and Mofongos (Fried green plantains) to Sorullitos (Corn and Cheese Fritters). Vegetarian menu also.
Come for the drinks
- OPEN BAR
- PREMIUM COCKTAILS
- PREMIUM BEER
- Soft drinks
- Recovery drinks.
The Ride Home.
- Keep the party going. Get your drinks and food for the road. Air conditioned Charter buses will be picking us up around 1 pm to take us back to your starting point. (1 hr ride)
Please do not drive under the influence of alcohol. If you’ve consumed too much alcohol to safely drive your vehicle, transportation arrangements can be made for you.